Shawn DuBravac, chief economist of the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), took the stage at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York to offer sales predictions the future of electronics.
1. The New Voice of Computing: Voice control will take over as the next computer interface.
2. Connections & Computations: The widening availability of broadband and Wi-Fi will lead to increased uniformity and adoption of smart-home technology, including increased autonomous living.
3. Transportation Transformation: There will be more vehicle technology such as driver assistance and self-driving cars.
4. AI’s Infusion into Our Lives & Business: Just as computers have influenced how we do our jobs today, artificial intelligence will play a similar role in the way we work, communicate and access information.
5. Digitizing the Consumer Experience: Both virtual reality and augmented reality will be the new forms of entertainment.